We are looking for Farmers to oversee our farming operations. The responsibilities of a Farmer include performing physical labor, operating heavy machinery, and supervising farm workers.
To be successful as a Farmer, you should demonstrate a passion for the outdoors, knowledge of agricultural machinery, and physical stamina. Ultimately, a top-notch Farmer should possess physical strength, good hand-eye coordination, and a keen interest in agriculture.
- Performing manual labor.
- Performing maintenance on the farm.
- Handling heavy machinery.
- Repairing faulty vehicles and machinery.
- Managing farming activities.
- Overseeing farmworkers.
- Devising strategies for harvesting or breeding.
- Liaising with clients.
- Previous experience in the farming industry.
- Knowledge of farming best practices.
- Able to work long hours on location.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be physically fit.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- No experience
- Specific Skills
- Plant, cultivate and irrigate crops; Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment; Harvest crops; Feed and tend animals; Fertilize and spray crops; Clean stables, barns, barnyards and pens; Milk cows; Examine produce for quality and prepare for market; Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns, pens and chicken coops; Monitoring animal health
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Tractor; Sprayer or duster; Seed drill; Planting equipment; Farm truck; Fertilizer applicator; Combine harvester
- Type of Farm Operations
- Beef cattle ranching and farming, including feedlots; Hay farming; Oilseed (except soybean) farming; Wheat farming
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; Odours; Dusty; Hot
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Work Location Information
- Various locations; Willing to relocate
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Team player; Judgement; Organized
How to apply