We are looking to hire an enthusiastic and driven Outside Sales Representative to generate leads and drive sales. The Outside Sales Representative’s responsibilities include submitting regular sales reports to management, informing potential and existing customers of product features and benefits, and resolving customer complaints. You should also be able to create as well as present persuasive sales proposals to customers to encourage sales and repeat business.
To be successful as an Outside Sales Representative, you should be persuasive and have excellent negotiation skills. Ultimately, an exceptional Outside Sales Representative should be able to demonstrate effective communication and customer service skills to continually meet or exceed sales targets.
- Building and sustaining long-lasting relationships with new and existing customers based within an assigned sales territory.
- Traveling within an assigned sales territory to conduct face-to-face meetings with existing and potential customers.
- Continually meeting or exceeding sales targets by selling company products to new and existing customers.
- Developing and implementing an effective sales strategy to drive sales.
- Maintaining an accurate record of all leads, customer accounts, and sales.
- Collaborating with the marketing department to expand brand presence through the creation of suitable marketing materials.
- Researching competitors’ products and pricing as well as market conditions.
- Keeping abreast of the latest industry developments by attending meetings, training workshops, and industry events.
- Strategically negotiating with potential and existing customers to close sales.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Businesses Administration, Communications, or related field is preferred.
- Proven outside sales experience.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Strong consultative sales skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- 1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Utilize sales/marketing software packages; Supervise activities of other technical sales specialists; Resolve product and service related problems; Prepare and administer sales contracts; Consult with clients after sale to provide ongoing support; Promote sales to existing clients; Identify and solicit potential clients; Assess client’s needs and resources and recommend the appropriate goods or services; Deliver sales presentations
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Excel; MS Word; MS Office
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Own vehicle; Valid driver’s licence; Travel expenses paid by employer; Public transportation is not available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Work Location Information
- Urban area
- Scientific Specialization
- Waste management
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Reliability; Organized
How to apply
Local Waste Services (Saskatchewan) Inc.