Curtis Horne Christian School (CHCS)
We are looking for a responsible and reliable School Bus Driver to transport students to and from school following a scheduled route and ensuring their safety. The School Bus Driver’s responsibilities include ensuring proper vehicle maintenance, observing safety and traffic rules, and maintaining order among students while they are on the bus.
To be successful as a School Bus Driver you should enjoy working with children and strictly observe passenger transport regulations. Ultimately, a top-notch School Bus Driver should be meticulous when it comes to vehicle inspections and regard passenger safety as the highest priority.
CHCS located in Regina has an immediate opening for a school bus driver. If you enjoy working with children in a relaxed and friendly environment, this is the right opportunity for you.
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday from 6:30 AM to 8:30 AM and 3:15 PM to 5:15 PM; the afternoon driving times for Fridays is 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Driving times are during school days from September to June.
Part-time opportunity with no weekend work
Friendly and relaxed environment, you will enjoy driving the children to and from CHCS
Being part of a team making a positive difference in the lives of children
- Being attentive to traffic and weather conditions and ensuring passenger safety.
- Following the planned route and schedule for departure times and stops.
- Regularly checking vehicle safety such as tires, brakes, turn signals, mechanical equipment, etc.
- Monitoring and reporting fuel consumption, mileage, and passenger numbers.
- Reporting delays, accidents, and emergencies.
- Responding to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Inspecting the vehicle thoroughly before and after each trip.
- Assisting with the loading and unloading of the bus when required.
- Enforcing conduct and safety rules on the bus.
- Maintaining a clean vehicle.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- CDL license required.
- Passenger and school bus endorsement required.
- Clean driving record.
- Previous experience as a bus driver.
- Experience working with children preferred.
- Working knowledge of first aid procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
Curtis-Horne Christian School