Carson Shymanski Farms Ltd is looking for an experienced Truck And Trailer Drivers to serve our supply chain logistics department in a safe and timely manner.
- Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometers spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Input “macros” into our automated system for each stage of the loading and unloading process
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Deliver goods while operating a tractor-trailer truck, sometimes over intercity routes or spanning several states.
- Load and unload cargo.
- Record the amount and type of cargo being delivered.
- Take orders for new deliveries.
- Drive long distances.
- Fill up on fuel, clean trucks, and wash windows.
- Report to a dispatcher any incidents encountered on the road.
- Monitor road conditions and watch for traffic congestion.
- Follow all applicable traffic laws.
- Inspect their trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects they find.
- Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
- Keep a log of their activities.
- Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Keep their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
- Plan routes using maps or satellite tracking.
- Get goods to the client on time.
- Take rest periods during the trip.
- Transport hazardous materials.
- Take special precautions while driving.
- Buy or lease trucks from other companies.
- Find and keep clients.
- Maintain log of trips.
- Proven work experience as a Truck Driver
- Hands-on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB etc)
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent moving or driving violations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations
- Trucking school diploma
- Valid truck driving license
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- No experience
- Specific Skills
- Perform preventive maintenance; Perform brake adjustments; Load and unload goods; Grease booms, pulleys, buckets and other components of heavy equipment
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Drive manual transmission vehicle
How to apply
Carson Shymanski Farms Ltd