We are looking for a General Laborer to take up manual labor tasks and support operations in worksites.
One of the most important general laborer responsibilities is to collect trash, debris and other waste to keep the site clean and safe. You’ll also get to handle power tools and materials (such as saws and drills).
We’d like you to have include stamina and the ability to lift heavy loads. You should be able to concentrate on performing your tasks and commit to safety rules. If you fit this description, and you’re also interested in doing tough but important work, we’d like to meet you.
A medium sized commercial construction company is looking for full-time labourers and Skilled Labourers.
Duties include but are not limited to general clean up of site, framing, hoarding, concrete, general carpentry, and miscellaneous work as directed by superintendent.
For Projects in Regina and surrounding areas, so a willingness/ability to travel out of town is required on a daily and/or weekly basis.
Must have ability to work alone or with others and to be able to work with little or no supervision.
Previous experience preferred but will accept applications without experience. Basic carpentry tools an asset.
WHMIS 2015 and SCOT Training required.
- Clean up worksites from hazardous or obsolete material
- Assist welders, carpenters, painters or other tradespeople on-site
- Handle and transport materials (e.g. cement) and equipment (e.g. drills and grinders)
- Use power tools and machinery (e.g. forklifts) when needed
- Follow instructions from supervisors to perform manual labor tasks (e.g. digging, stacking up goods)
- Put up warning signs (e.g. signposts, cones) for vehicles and passersby
- Help with setting up and transferring temporary structures (e.g. scaffolding)
- Report issues with equipment or unsafe conditions
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads of up to 40 pounds, etc.)
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Familiarity with power tools and machinery is a plus
- Communication and teamwork skills
- Commitment to safety rules
- Apprenticeship or specialization is an asset, but not necessary