We are looking for a skilled Cook to prepare delicious meals according to menu. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery.
An excellent cook must be able to follow instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals. They must be deft in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important.
Preferably can work for evenings & Weekends.
The cook is responsible for receiving, storage, and preparation of all food products according to Boston Pizza specifications & practices. The cook is responsible for maintaining proper levels of prepared products. Further, they will be responsible for the assembly, cooking, plating, & garnishing of all food precuts according to Boston Pizza specifications. They will control the products leaving the kitchen to ensure that each has been properly accounted for. They will also maintain a clean workplace at all times. Main duties: Cooks perform some or all of the following duties: Prepare & cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods; Prepare and cook special meals for restaurant patrons; Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers; Oversee kitchen operations; Maintain inventory & records of food, supplies & equipment; Clean kitchen & work area; Plan menus for special events, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements & costs, and monitor supplies;
The goal is to help preserve and enhance our reputation so we can expand our clientele.
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat, etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Proven experience as cook
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling, etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage
226 BROADWAY ST E