Two Flag Persons required in Yorkton, SK, for seven (7) days starting Thursday, August 20. Will be working with a well-established flagging company providing services to a road construction crew. Accommodations and meals provided.
Candidates must have current Flag Person Certification and experience working in flagging positions. Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to hire (paid for by Hiring Hands).
We are looking to hire a dedicated and observant Flagger to monitor the flow of traffic around road construction sites. The Flagger’s responsibilities include informing motorists of possible detour routes, reporting disobedient drivers to law enforcement officials, and answering motorists’ questions. You should also be able to direct emergency vehicles safely through construction zones as required.
To be successful as a Flagger, you should have excellent communication skills and be able to work effectively as part of a team. Ultimately, a top-notch Flagger should demonstrate sound knowledge of state traffic regulations as well as exceptional observation skills.
- Using hand signals and direction signs to direct traffic around road construction sites.
- Communicating with other flaggers using hand-held radios to direct two-way traffic onto a single lane.
- Informing the construction crew of any traffic issues that may affect their safety.
- Appropriately positioning warning and detour signs around construction sites.
- Setting up barricades and traffic cones along construction sites to cordon off certain areas.
- Removing all signs, barricades, and traffic cones upon completion of construction work.
- Assisting the construction crew in the removal of rubble, debris, and hazardous materials.
- Recording the license plate numbers of motorists who neglect to obey traffic signs and directions.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification through the American Traffic Safety Services Association (ATSSA).
- Proven experience working as a Flagger.
- Sound knowledge of state traffic regulations.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to work in harsh weather conditions.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional observation skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Hiring Hands Employment & Recruitment Services