Who We Are:
Meridian is a real estate developer and multi-award winning residential and commercial construction company that designs and creates beautiful spaces. Our projects incorporate modern and unique architectural features and sustainable building practices with careful attention to detail. A Meridian project checks all the boxes for comfort, style, luxury, efficiency, and sustainability.
We are looking for a qualified Carpenters to cut, fabricate, and install wooden and other structures according to specifications. Your job will entail working in diverse settings to produce steady and functional infrastructure and products.
A carpenter is an individual with great hand dexterity and an eye for detail. The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials. Working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards is essential.
The goal is to contribute to the construction and maintenance of strong and long-lasting buildings and products.
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements
- Build window frames, doors, staircases and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items
- Layout floorings, roofings or drywalls ensuring they are leveled and compatible
- Carve and assemble furniture, cabinets, shelves and other items and install them where designated
- Inspect places and conduct repairs or maintenance
- Build scaffolding and other construction structures
- Proven experience as carpenter
- Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
- Good knowledge of English
- Good understanding of basic math
- Good physical condition and endurance
- High school diploma; Successful completion of a carpentry apprenticeship program is required
What You Will Need:
Valid drivers license
Steel-toed boots, tool belt, and basic hand tools
Minimum 2-3 years experience as a Carpenter in residential/commercial construction
Ability to interpret construction drawings
Ability to use basic power tools
Willing to work weekends
Good communication skills
Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
WHMIS and Fall Protection an asset but not required
Additional safety and operator tickets are an asset but not required
Meridian Development Corp.