We are looking for a dedicated Apprentice Plumber to assist our licensed Plumber while improving their own skills. The responsibilities of an Apprentice Plumber include assembling pipes, cleaning the water supply, handling tools, and cleaning job sites. The Apprentice Plumber can expect to assist in complex jobs and handle smaller jobs on their own.
A successful Apprentice Plumber will be well-organized and detail-oriented. You should have good customer service skills, be able and willing to follow instructions, and be prepared to travel to clients’ homes to complete your work.
- Locating and identifying leaks.
- Repairing or replacing pipes and parts.
- Determining the right tools and equipment necessary to successfully complete a job.
- Assisting with preparing cost estimates for clients.
- Helping the Plumber to ensure that all work is in accordance with federal, state, and local plumbing codes.
- Cleaning the job site after the work is completed.
- Answering client queries.
- Following the Plumbers’ orders and instructions.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Vocational training may be advantageous.
- Willingness to learn on the job, go through training, and earn a qualification as a Plumber.
- Adept at using the basic tools of the trade.
- Good math skills for accurate measurements.
- Excellent manual dexterity.
- Strong active listening skills,
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Valid driver’s licence
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check (abstract)
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
Regina Plumbing and Heating Incorporated