The Saskatchewan Health Authority (SHA) is seeking a contract Journeyperson Hairstylist in Weyburn. The contractor would provide hairstyling services for residents of Weyburn Special Care Home. Hours and days of work are flexible, and a workspace will be provided.
Interested applicants can send resumes to Debbie Obst, Nurse Manager of Weyburn Special Care Home at Debbie.Obst@saskhealthauthority.ca or call 306-848-2142 for more information
We are looking for Hair Stylists to create flawless haircuts and hairstyles for our customers.
Hair Stylist responsibilities include cutting hair using basic and advanced techniques, consulting customers about styles and colors, and applying hair care products, like treatment oils and masks. If you have experience cutting short and long hair and are up-to-date with styling trends, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will ensure all customers leave our salon satisfied with our services and feel happy with their new looks.
- Welcome customers and identify their preferences by asking pointed questions
- Recommend hairstyles and haircuts according to customers’ face shapes and tastes
- Wash, rinse and dry clients’ hair using appropriate shampoos and conditioners (e.g. for oily hair or dry scalp)
- Cut, trim and shave hair using professional equipment
- Apply a wide range of hair coloring techniques, like highlights, ombre and balayage
- Create hairstyles for formal events and everyday looks, including braids, ponytails and buns
- Apply hair treatment products, as needed (e.g. color protection creams and hydrating masks)
- Form bonds with loyal customers and remember their hairstyle preferences
- Manage bookings and serve walk-ins
- Ensure tidiness of beauty stations and sterilize tools, as needed
- Cross-sell hair care products or services, when appropriate
- Work experience as a Hair Stylist, Hairdresser, Colorist or similar role
- Proficiency in hair straightening and curling methods, using hot irons and curlers
- Hands-on experience with various coloring techniques
- Knowledge of a wide range of haircuts, suitable for all hair lengths (e.g. braids and top knots)
- Familiarity with hair treatment products and services, like keratin smoothing
- Up-to-date with industry trends
- Excellent communication skills
- Physical stamina to stand for long hours
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- Valid license from a cosmetology school
Saskatchewan Health Authority