We are looking for a Farmer to oversee our farming operations. The responsibilities of a Farmer include performing physical labor, operating heavy machinery, and supervising farmworkers.
To be successful as a Farmer, you should demonstrate a passion for the outdoors, knowledge of agricultural machinery, and physical stamina. Ultimately, a top-notch Farmer should possess physical strength, good hand-eye coordination, and a keen interest in agriculture.
- Performing manual labor.
- Performing maintenance on the farm.
- Handling heavy machinery.
- Repairing faulty vehicles and machinery.
- Managing farming activities.
- Overseeing farmworkers.
- Devising strategies for harvesting or breeding.
- Liaising with clients.
- Previous experience in the farming industry.
- Knowledge of farming best practices.
- Able to work long hours on location.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be physically fit.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; Wet/damp; Noisy; Odours; Dusty; Hot
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Valid driver’s licence; Drive manual transmission vehicle
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Ability to distinguish between colours; Sound discrimination; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Walking; Tight deadlines
- Work Location Information
- Rural area
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Judgement; Organized
How to apply
306-782-7297 Between 07:00 AM and 08:00 PM
Application InformationEmployer Name:
Prairie Dome Potatoes