We are looking for a friendly Waitress to assist customers by providing menus and information about specials, taking food orders and ensuring that orders are received by kitchen staff and prepared according to the customer’s specifications. Waitresses also check in with customers to find out if they are happy with their service and meals.
To be successful as a Waitress you must be friendly and patient with all customers. A good Waitress enquires about the customer’s needs and ensures that they have a satisfactory dining experience.
- Provide customers with menus.
- Take customer orders and relay this to the kitchen.
- Serve food and beverages to customers.
- Listen to any complaints that patrons have and address them appropriately.
- Prepare bills and process payments.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Endurance to stand and walk for long hours.
- Flexible work hours.
- Friendly disposition.
- Excellent coordination skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress
- Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system (e.g. Revel POS or Toast POS)
- Basic math skills
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- Flexibility to work in shifts