Evergreen Daycare Home
This Job has been imported from the National Job Bank. For more information please click the link to view the job on the National Job Bank.
Skills and Abilities
Early Childhood Educator Assistant Skills
– Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
– Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts
– Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
– Day care centre or nursery school
Daycare Worker Responsibilities:
- Providing care for children, such as setting schedules and routines, grooming, feeding, changing diapers, and cleaning rooms and toys.
- Developing and encouraging age-appropriate learning and socialization to ensure children learn basic skills and concepts, such as communication, manners, sharing, etc.
- Maintaining a safe workplace by monitoring children for health, behavioral, and emotional issues and reporting concerns to staff and parents.
- Helping children discover new interests by introducing them to art, music, sports, and other potential hobbies.
- Ensuring children are learning positive behaviors and providing guidance or approved discipline, as needed.
- Preparing children to enter the next level of care or for entry into school.
- Keeping records relating to child care.
- Working with parents to help children progress towards educational and behavioral goals.