Our Restaurant is looking to hire a new Cook who will be responsible for preparing awesome dishes for our guests. Duties will include prepping meals by weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, cooking meals, checking ingredients for freshness, and arranging and garnishing the dishes. You will also be in charge of ensuring that the kitchen and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained.
To be successful in this job, you will need a thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation. Culinary school education is preferred, and prior experience in a related position is an advantage.
Location: Fredericton, NB
Salary: $$11.70 to $13.00HOUR hourly for 35 to 44 hours per week
Terms of employment: Permanent Full time, Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
Benefits: Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Group Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, Vision Care Benefits, Other Benefits
- Prepare awesome meals for our customers.
- Weigh, measure, mix and prep ingredients according to recipes.
- Steam, grill, boil, bake or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other ingredients.
- Check food and ingredients for freshness.
- Arrange and garnish dishes.
- Work well under pressure and within the time limit.
- Ensure that kitchen area, equipment and utensils are cleaned.
- Help lead and inspire our kitchen staff with the restaurant manager.
- Wow our guests with amazing dishes.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Culinary school 2-4 year degree or foreign equivalency preferred.
- Prior experience in related food and beverage service and food preparation positions.
- Thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation.
- Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and health codes.
- Ability to use slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
- Able to handle work in a fast-paced environment.
- Work Setting
- Fast food outlet or concession
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Dependability; Reliability; Organized
How to apply
370 main street
E3A 1E5 Between 10:00 AM and 10:00 PM