The YMCA of Regina is a non-profit charity open to all and dedicated to building strong kids, strong families and strong communities.
If you enjoy working with the public as they strive to achieve healthy aquatics habits, or, have an interest teaching youth and children swimming fundamentals, then keep reading! The YMCA of Regina is looking to add lifeguards and swim instructors to our exceptional Aquatics team (in full time and part time capacities) to help deliver exceptional membership experiences. We’re looking for dedicated Aquatics professionals, if this is YOU, keep reading!
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
– These roles are primarily responsible to carry out lifeguarding and instructional duties that enforce the supervision and control of all pool activities, as well as the safety standards and cleanliness of the Aquatics facilities.
– Candidates must be well versed in emergency response plans as well as crisis management for emergencies.
– Additional competencies include, effective communication and problem solving.
– Swim instructors are also accountable for lesson planning and leading swim classes focused on a variety of skill levels and age groups.
– Availability minimum: eight (8) hours per week
– Candidates must be flexible to work daytime, evenings and weekends and attend in-house training sessions periodically.
– Must have National Lifeguard Award certification, or, Red Cross Lifeguard certification
– Current Standard First Aid and CPR/ AED
– Current YMCA Swim Instructor competencies, or, equivalent competencies (Water Safety Instructor, Lifesaving Society Instructor).
– Criminal Record Check (CRC) including vulnerable sector check, dated within 3 months of hire
– Three (3) professional references