Extol Developments is a growing construction management firm based out of Regina, SK specializing in residential and commercial construction.
We are looking to hire a skilled Carpenter with knowledge of various carpentry techniques. You will be responsible for layout, installation, repairing, finishing, and maintaining various structures, fixtures, and buildings. Other duties will include designing, cutting, and measuring materials according to a client’s requirements.
A successful applicant should be hardworking, reliable, and have good communication and organizational skills. You must have completed an apprenticeship in carpentry or have equivalent experience in the field.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Assisting supervisors with structural design, planning, layout, and installation.
- Conduct repair work and installation of doors, windows, drywall, cabinets, stairs, and other fixtures as required.
- Ability to assess the quality of woodwork and materials.
- Ability to operate tools, machines, and other equipment.
- Compliance with local building codes, and health and safety regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods, climb, pull, and lift heavy objects.
- High School diploma.
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship or a minimum of four years’ experience as a journey-level carpenter.
- Additional certification may be required.
- Good communication skills.
- Physically fit with good hand-eye coordination.
- Knowledge of mathematics.
– Document use
– Decision making
– Critical thinking
– Job task planning and organizing
– Valid driver’s license
– Travel expenses paid by employer
– Supervise other workers
– Schedule and coordinate work on sites
– Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications
Area Of Specialization
– Rough carpentry
– General carpentry
– Finish carpentry
– Exterior siding, steel
– Custom cabinets