Seeking an individual to work on a permanent fulltime basis, farm is located half way between Moose Jaw and Regina.
Must have a valid driver’s license, be physically fit, enthusiastic and work well with others.
Being mechanically inclined and possessing a valid 1A driver’s license is not required but would be an asset.
Duties will include pen checking, cattle processing, maintenance of farm machinery and assisting in other areas of the farm.
Work schedule is on a six day week with two consecutive rotating days off. Competitive wages. Only serious applicants need to apply. Must be able to supply references. House and separate yard available
1) Record information about crops, such as pesticide use, yields, or costs.
2) Repair and maintain farm vehicles, implements, and mechanical equipment.
3) Dig and plant seeds, or transplant seedlings by hand.
4) Harvest fruits and vegetables by hand.
5) Identify plants, pests, and weeds to determine the selection and application of pesticides and fertilizers.
6) Inform farmers or farm managers of crop progress.
7) Load agricultural products into trucks, and drive trucks to market or storage facilities.
8) Operate tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, and self-propelled machinery to plow, harrow and fertilize soil, or to plant, cultivate, spray and harvest crops.
9) Participate in the inspection, grading, sorting, storage, and post-harvest treatment of crops.
10) Repair farm buildings, fences, and other structures.
11) Set up and operate irrigation equipment.
12) Apply pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers to crops.
13) Clear and maintain irrigation ditches.
14) Direct and monitor the work of casual and seasonal help during planting and harvesting.
1) Operation and Control — Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
2) Equipment Maintenance — Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
3) Equipment Selection — Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
4) Operation Monitoring — Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
GD PO BOX
STONY BEACH, SK
Job to start immediately.