Helpers assist the On-Site Arranger and Facilitators with the delivery of Strengthening Families Program for CFSPA, filling multiple roles specific to cleaning, childminding and set up/take down of program sites.
Responsibilities & Duties:
– Create a warm, respectful, safe and welcoming environment for participating families
– Maintain, in cooperation with other team members, the physical facilities of the program site in accordance with accepted norms of health and safety
– Organize, prepare and clean-up sites and materials
– Assist with behavior management & supervision
– Complete all required documentation in a timely and accurate manner
– Adhere to policies, procedures and guidelines of the CFSPA agency
– Maintain confidentiality at all times
– Demonstrate a flexible and adaptive orientation, and ability to work under stress; Detail oriented
– Ability to work independently but also in cooperation with other staff
– Exemplify the qualities of honesty, integrity, fairness, empathy, patience and trustworthiness
– Be both personable and professional; Must be approachable
– First Aid/CPR and/or Safe Food Handling certificates an asset
– Provide a Criminal Record Check with Child Abuse Registry check (for applicants over the age of 18).
– Must be respectful, sensitive and responsive to diverse communities, trauma, gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status and sexual orientation as demonstrated in an ability to positively interact with all people.
– SFP is dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion. Secondary & Post-Secondary students are welcome to apply.
– The Employee agrees to fulfill an expected 5-15 hour workweek, at $13 per hour, paid on a bi-weekly schedule, with hours paid as worked for the duration of the program contract (daytime hours, July to August 2020).