We are looking for a Payroll Officer to join our HR department and administer our employee compensation and run related reports.
Payroll Officer responsibilities include calculating employees’ compensation, updating payroll databases, ensuring timely payments and generating reports. To be successful in this role, you should have a flair for numbers and be able to handle sensitive information. If you’re also familiar with labour legislation, we would like to meet you.
To pay correct wages/salaries and entitlements on time and in compliance with legal requirements and government legislation. Professionally execute duties to ensure the entire business runs as smoothly and with a high degree of discretion.
- Maintain a payroll database.
- Manage accounts payables and receivables.
- Track and ensure accuracy of attendance and payroll data.
- Process payroll/benefits and payroll-related payments (wages/salaries,deductions etc. efficiently and promptly.
- Maintain compliance policies and procedures for processing payroll checks.
- Generate payslips for dissemination
- Identify and resolve payroll discrepancies
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- Execute duties with a high degree of professionalism and discretion
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end payroll statements/returns.Compile summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, and non- taxable wages and reporting on this
- Determine payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state taxes, insurance,
- Experience with accounting software is an advantage
Method of Application