• Mix and bake ingredients to produce breads – Agege loaf bread, sliced Agege bread and develop recipe for Agege whole
• Combine measured ingredients in high speed baking machinery
• Load and provide direction to bakery assistant on when to load materials into production equipment
• Set time and speed controls for mixing and blending machines, or steam kettles so that ingredients will be mixed or cooked according to instructions
• Assist in placing dough in pans, molds, or on sheets and bake in production ovens
• Operate cooking, baking, or other food preparation equipment
• Monitor equipment operation to ensure proper functioning
• Ensure that production equipment is clean at all times
• Monitor and observe color of products being baked and adjust oven temperatures, humidity, or conveyor speeds accordingly
• Roll, knead, cut, or shape dough to form bread, or other products.
• Direct or coordinate bakery deliveries, receive supplies and equipment
• Decorate baked pastries
• Operate cutting equipment
• Prepare or maintain inventory or production records
• Record operational or production date
• High school diploma is required.
• A combination of over three years of work experience in the
trade ; some industry courses in baking preferred
• 1 year of experience baking Artisan Agege loaf and sliced bread and other African pastries is preferred
• Working experience in a reputable African/ Caribbean bakery or similar fast paced retail bakery or food service establishment
• Experience working in a manufacturing facilities that produce bread and pastries at high speeds is an asset
Grey Matlock is dedicated to fostering a diverse work environment. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
Newcomers and visible minorities are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job email your details to — firstname.lastname@example.org