Job Title: Senior Graphic Design Assistant, CHLS0
Reference: ADB / 20/ 029
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50001478
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services Complex ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The Complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity, and health and safety strategies.
The Hiring Department/Division:
- The primary role of the Language Services Department is to ensure, as required by the Bank’s Agreement, the accessibility in the two working languages of the Bank (English and French, and on occasion Arabic and Portuguese) of all issues and documents submitted to the Senior Management and governing bodies of the Bank, for efficient decision-making aimed at the achievement of the Bank’s mission.
- Reporting to the Director CHLS, the Senior Graphic Design Assistant undertakes graphic and formatting activities for all documents processed by the Department for use at Board level and Bank-wide.
- He/she leads the graphic design and formatting section of the Department and provides technical support on all graphics-related issues.
- Although working directly under the Director, he/she maintains functional relationship with other managers of the Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Graphic Design, layout and publication activities
- Handle Graphic Design activities, namely design, composition, layout, production and publication of CHLS documents;
- Undertake activities relating to illustrations, glossaries, posters, brochures, informational media, communication media, innovative media, web page, etc.;
- Handle the graphics chain, follow up production at the printery (digital large format, etc.);
- Monitor progress in new technologies, with a focus on relevant application software;
- Design layout using the latest technology, including style sheets. Create, modify and arrange elements for use in software applications (Photoshop, In-design, Xpress, Illustrator, Flash);
- Develop technical specifications for publications;
- Monitor and contribute to the publication of glossaries, lexicons, brochures, mock-ups, posters, and other CHLS products.
Technical Assistance To The Team:
- Provide technical support to colleagues in graphic design, text processing and formatting;
- Assist translators in solving complex graphic and layout issues in the course of their assignment;
- Solve technical issues relating to the use of relevant software;
- Work closely with SNOQ on all mater relating to the BBPS at CHLS level for Board documents and other corporate events;
- Assist the Department in the production of power point presentations and other complex publications.
Text processing activities:
- Undertake text processing activities, bearing in mind quality, conformity to rules and procedures and timeliness;
- Design and improve methods of work under the supervision of the Document Control Officer;
- Ensure quality control of work done by the Graphic Design Assistant and the Text Processor;
- Ensure compliance with Bank formatting rules, Corporate timeframes and Board Agenda;
- Take necessary steps for immediate delivery after formatting and graphic design operations;
- Plan and organize work and ensure delivery of high-quality products;
- Produce final documents, paying special attention to maps, layout, tables, figures, organigrams and other insertions.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certificate in graphic art, marketing or visual communication from a tertiary institution; training in graphic arts or equivalent field;
- At least six years of practical and professional experience, with sound knowledge of the graphics chain;
- Good interpersonal relations with colleagues and external collaborators, problem-solver, client-oriented, team player;
- Ability to work under constant pressure;
- Ability to work overtime and non-working days, as necessary;
- Open mind and close attention to detail;
- General knowledge in ICTs;
- Familiarity with language software such as Multitrans/Hermes;
- Sound knowledge of the design, creation and management of Web Sites;
- Familiarity with evolving graphic arts technologies;
- Ability to communicate efficiently (written and oral) in English and French;
- Ability to use all the Microsoft standard software used in the Bank and Familiarity with interpretation management software and ADB budget processes (SAP, SRAS) and procurement systems.
6th May, 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This position does not attract international terms and conditions (the post holder will be considered as a local staff and will not have international terms and conditions of employment).
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.