Reports to: Head of Engineering
Job Type: Permanent
- Qualified candidates would join and support a team of dynamic developers.
- You will report to the Head of Engineering while managing cross platform applications running on distributed systems. These applications require constant customization and upgrade to extensions for our clients.
- Most of these applications and modules contained are written with Java EE APIs and thus require a seasoned Java developer/architect to support them.
To succeed in this role
- Candidates would be required to interface with external consultants, create APIs and security protocols in line with world’s best practices for integrations with external applications. You would be required to write extensive documentation on projects embarked assigned to you. So a good command of English and technical document writhing is a must.
- Candidates are required to possess good interpersonal skills and should be proactive in carrying out research in solving issues encountered with little or no supervision. This role requires extensive continuous personal development and knowledge transfer, as qualified candidates would also be expected to lead and mentor younger developers.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the Information Technology field
- Minimum of 2 years experience in management
- Java and Java EE developers
- Extensive work experience working on spring Framework and Spring Boot Projects.
- Must be able to consume and expose services in both REST and SOAP Protocols
- Must understand principles of SDLC
- Must be able to use git and github.
- A working knowledge of CDI (context and dependency injection)
- Must be able to design units tests, iterate through code and debug issues
- Extensive knowledge working with open source web containers
- Database management and migration scripts.
- Knowledge of JVM management and performance tuning.
- Deploying java applications in Docker containers is an added advantage
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps is an added advantage.
- Exceptional communication and reporting skills
- Solid working knowledge in all required software and programming languages
- Outstanding leadership skills and ability to delegate responsibilities effectively
15th April, 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter (Highlighting similar work experience) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Senior Java Developer” as the subject of the mail.