Job Title: Logistics Technical Assistant
Webcruiter ID: 4214274334
Location: Pulka / Gwoza , Borno
Employment type: Contract
- NRC is looking for a Logistics Technical Assistant for our field office in Pulka, Borno State in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Logistics/Procurement Technical Assistant is to support program activities in Pulka, Borno State
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- The Logistics Technical Assistant reports to the Field Coordinator with Technical reporting line to the Logistics Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that vehicles are used and maintained according to Logistics Handbook and other NRC policies
- Plan, schedule and monitor transport of staff and material/equipment according to demands and procedures
- Ensure that NRC generators in the field office are maintained on a regular basis and prepare requisitions for spare parts for vehicles & Generators
- Responsible for the receipt, storage, and dispatch of all assets from the Monguno Office ensuring that proper documentation is maintained for the same.
- Ensure that assets are tagged and all asset movement is tracked in the Asset Register
- Assist the Logistics Officer with Physical Asset count, preparing of Logistics and documents as may be required.
- Be responsible for the procurements within the location
- Ensure all drivers adhere to NRC logistics and drivers’ procedures
- Compile and submit monthly vehicle utilization and carpool reports
- Secure that NRC vehicles are equipped with necessary documents and equipment
- Ensure that all vehicle records and reports including logbooks, accident reports, etc are filled appropriately.
- Keep a log of the generators and ensure that fuel consumption is monitored and recorded appropriately
- University degree in a related field
- Knowledge of the local market
- Knowledge of local language (Kanuri, Hausa)
- Previous (1yr) experience working in a Logistics department (preferably NGO)
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications).
- Handling an insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: April 2020
- Duration: 9 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions. Grade level 4, Step 1
- Duty station: Pulka with occasional travels. Travel outside Pulka is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
6th April, 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application procedures and CV registration:
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
- Nigeria National Only.