Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Location: Logan Intl Apt (BOS-TRML)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 35644
Why you’ll love this job
• Provide planning, communication and operational direction to all departments in the Hub and support to IOC.
• Theterms and conditions of this position are covered by the International Association of Machinists (IAM) Collective Bargaining Agreement.
What you’ll do
As noted above, this list is intended to reflect the current job but there may be additional essential functions (and certainly non-essential job functions) that are not referenced. Management will modify the job or require other tasks be performed whenever it is deemed appropriate to do so, observing, of course, any legal obligations including any collective bargaining obligations.
• Research and record pertinent flight data and information regarding the daily operation.
• Acquire and maintain all hub controller positions; i.e. ramp control, GMS, Turn Coordinator, Future Planner, arrival radio / FLIFO input / times radio, and flight monitor.
• Gather and disseminate operational information to all areas.
• Plan and prepare for each complex to give direction to all areas of customer service.
• Follow through with the successful execution of planned and unplanned operations.
• Consider all relevant information to track, determine and accurately record flights and operational information.
• Provide answers and direction in a variety of situations to all areas of the operation and vendors.
• Initiate and execute plans to provide on-time departures, baggage performance reliability and excellent customer service.
• Emergency situation coordination and notification for medical, hazmat and security situation.
• Perform any other duties as needed by the operation or as directed by the Hub Control Center Manager.
• Conduct on-the-job-training on a regular basis.
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
• Minimum one year ramp or passenger service experience or equivalent
• Detailed knowledge of all operational computer and communication programs
• Excellent basic math skills
• Understand and clearly communicate using the English language
• High School Diploma
• Ability to work in fast-paced, high stress environment handling critical situations with accuracy and skill
• Leadership capabilities including effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to lead others to achieve business results
• Ability to interact with numerous departments and levels of management
• Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
• Minimum three years of airport operational experience
• Proficient in the following systems: GMS/Gate View, GET, QIK, SABRE, DECS, MSExcel and Word
• Familiar with ATC Ground Control Language
• College Degree
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
• Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
• Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
• Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
• 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
• Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 35644
Nearest Major Market: Boston
More in Uncategorized
Route Sales Delivery Drivers Needed At Culligan Saskatoon – Water Matters Canada
Job Description Culligan Saskatoon has an opening in their Route Sales Delivery department. The position entails...