Covenant Chapel seeks a Session Musician. Located at 66 Toro Road, Toronto, Ontario, Covenant Chapel has a mandate to redeem destinies and restore dominion. Worship, both modern and traditional, is an important part of the spiritual life Covenant Chapel. Collaborating with the Ministry of Music, the Session Musician will help add creativity to all worship sessions.
• Provide leadership, direction and accompaniment for the choir, and lead weekly rehearsals
• Coordinate the execution of choir ministrations
• Work with scheduled choristers on a weekly basis to select and plan specific music that the choir will minister
• Work with the choir members to improve their skills and prepare for services
• Responsible for managing the choir’s band ministry
• Choose anthems and other music based on themes provided by the Minister
• Encourage congregants to develop and share their musical talents (vocal and instrumental)
• Work collaboratively with the Mass Choir for special occasions (Annual convention, Easter and Christmas seasons)
Job Type / Category
This is a full time position with 2 weeks’ annual vacation.
Terms of Employment: 2-year contract, with a possibility of becoming indeterminate.
Work hours: 30 hours/week; must be available for overtime as required; work on weekends required and some holidays.
Location of work:
Toronto, Ontario- Covenant Chapel, 66 Toro Road, Toronto, ON.
Health Benefits, Bonus, Paid Relocation, Transportation, Accommodation assistance and Instruments provided.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
• Mastery of keyboard (including competency of organ), to accompany congregation, choir, soloists
• Candidate must be able to play one additional instrument apart from the keyboard
• Ability to program and play a wide variety of musical genres, including African praise
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong leadership abilities
• Previous experience of working with diverse or multicultural congregation is a distinct advantage
• Ability to blend the talking drum into praise will be a distinct advantage
• Minimum 2 years’ experience leading or teaching a choir
• A college diploma
• English essential
All interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about Covenant Chapel, please visit our website at www.covenantchapel.ca.